From: € 219
8 Hours (Customizable ) 1 to 4 Persons
Our experienced driver will pick you up from your location (hotel, airport, cruise ship etc.) and our tour will start by visiting the famous Acropolis where you can see the Propylaia, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and the prestigious Parthenon, a temple dedicated to the goddess Athena, whom the people of Athens considered their patron. You can also visit the Theatre of Dionysus and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus where various performances are organized even to this day.
You will also visit the famous Acropolis Museum, which exhibits the greatest monuments and artifacts from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece.
Leaving Acropolis, we will continue to the Temple of Olympian Zeus which was dedicated to “Olympian” Zeus, a name originating from his position as head of the Olympian gods and it included 104 colossal columns.
Next, we will visit the Kallimarmaro Panathenaic Stadium which is the home of the first Modern Olympics.
Our drive tour then continues with a visit to the Greek House of Parliament. There, we will make a stop at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and you will witness the famous changing of the guards ceremony.
After that, you will enjoy a city drive along the Panepistimiou Avenue where the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens and the National Library are situated and continue to the popular area of Kolonaki to visit the great hill of Lycabettus. At 277 meters (908 feet) above sea level, you will be able to admire the entire city and its beauty.
Afterwards, we will wander around Plaka, the old historical neighborhood of Athens just below Acropolis, famous for its labyrinthine streets and neoclassical architecture. At Monastiraki, you can eat a delicious souvlaki and buy souvenirs for your loved ones at the so-called Flea Market, where all kinds of shops can be found.
Our next destination is marina of Mikrolimano and Pasalimani bay in Piraeus.
Piraeus has a large variety of places that you should visit and we can suggest you the best local bars and restaurants, whether you want to enjoy a meal by the sea or have a drink at a pool bar overlooking the yachts.
Finally, when you are done with the amazing sea view our driver will return you to your desired location (hotel, airport, cruise ship etc.)
- Transfer in new, luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up / drop off from your location (hotel, airport, cruise ship etc.)
- Professional local English speaking driver/guide
- Bottle of water
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees at any point of interest
- Tips (optional)
- The drivers are not licensed to accompany you on your walk to the top of the Acropolis or inside any other site or museums. (Licensed guide is available on request)
- Entrance fees: Tickets are available for sale either at the Acropolis or inside any other site Ticket Desk
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Sunscreen and hats are recommended for visits during the summer months
- Private tour can be customised to meet your interest. Please inform the driver/guide
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance